How has the Covid-19 Pandemic affected the Iowa Acupuncture Clinic?
As with the rest of the World, our clinic and staff have been tremedously affected by Covid-19. Thankfully, we have been free of any of the actual disease. However, we know our local and statewide community has many cases of illness and deaths.
In order to be respectful and safe citizens, our clinic chose to close March 21 and stop patient visits. We have been maintaining contact with our patients thru phone messages, emails, texts and social media.
We have continued to sell herbal medicine and health products via outside pickup and mail service.
As the pandemic situation changes, we will adapt our clinic response.
I had an acupuncture treatment visits cancelled during the pandemic. How do I get back on the schedule?
We have been keeping track of the patient visits that have been cancelled since mid-March. Once we make a determination on the date we can open, we will be contacting many of those people.
However, it is very helpful if you let us know thru phone, or email that you want to be on the schedule. Make sure to let us know what dates and times will work best.
And please be patient, we will have limited treatment times as Covid-19 is present in our state. We will do our best to take care of the most we can safely do.
What's the best way to contact the Iowa Acupuncture Clinic when you are closed?
As always, the best method to communicate with our clinic is thru phone: 515-331-8948.
Please leave a detailed message and we will get back ASAP.
We also reply to emails frequently: clinic
And when our staff is physically in the clinic, you can text us at:
call that number, but we would rather you use
Is the Clinic open?
On May 16, the Iowa Acupuncture Clinic returned to operating normal hours and treating patients with acupuncture. Our schedule will be a bit more limited for the first few weeks to ensure safe social distancing of our customers. As the Covid-19 pandemic eases, we will add more appointment times. Please make sure to be on our waiting list if we are booked.
NEW SAFETY PROCEDURES
How will the clinic be different due to the Covid-19 pandemic?
Socially, we will miss the handshakes, fist bumps, hugs and pats we have always valued with our wonderful clientelle. But for now Covid-19 requires some special rituals.
We will be closing our waiting room. Instead, we will ask people to wait outside or in their vehicles. Call call of text: 515-201-5001 when you arrive and we will let you know when you can come in. Instead of waiting in the public area, we will have you wait in a private treatment room.
Our clinic has always practice medical sanitary protocols; but, we will increase the level to match this pandemic. Most importantly, we will be trying to minimize social contact around and in our clinic.
At this time, we will all be wearing face masks and eliminating the social contacts with our patients.
However, as medical professionals, we will still need to access your physical body for diagnosis and treatment. And we will keep this as sanitary as we always have.
Our face rests have always been cleaned with a anti-viral solution between visits, but if you would prefer not to use one, either bring your own, your own cover, or we can accomodate a different position.
We will also minimize the amount of paperwork by directing people to online forms. You can opt to have your clinic charges to be sent via email and pay from your own device or computer. However, you can still use our Square customer payment pad, which is contact-less with no signature required. We will sanitize it between uses.
What are the new clinic vist procedures?
1. We will minimize the number of people together in our waiting room, and physical interactions with our clinic materials.
2. Prior to your visit, please fill out your intake forms online:
Please follow the instructions on your appointment confirmation emails. The email will have the password to access the form.
3. We will be closing our waiting room and instead asking you to please wait in your vehicle. When you arrive call (
515-331-8948) or text (
515-201-5001). We will let you know when your treatment room is ready and we will escort you to your room and wait for Bill or Elizabeth to come treat you.
4. We will request that all people wear face masks when in the common areas of the clinic. If you wish to remove the mask in the treatment room, or during your treatment, please feel free to do so.
5. Please refrain from bringing unnecessary visitors. Care workers and dependent family are still welcome. Ideally they would wait in your vehicle while you get your treatment.
6. If you have any signs of Covid-19 illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or have had direct contact with someone who has, we will respectfully ask you not to enter our clinic. However, please let us know if you are in need of herbal medicine and we can bring it out to your vehicle or arrange another method of delivery. As with all illnesses, there are a number of traditional herbal and lifestyle remedies that can help. We do not want you to miss anything that can help your body and mind in this time of stress and community dis-ease.